See You At The Pole
Over 100 Grace Students gathered on their Middle School and High School campuses this morning to pray for our nation, their schools, and their lost friends as part of the national prayer event, See You At the Pole. SYATP started 22 years ago and has remained a student-owned and student-led time of prayer at just about every school in the United States. I was humbled and took great pride as the Student Ministry Pastor of GFC as Grace Students stepped up as leaders of both worship and prayer on their campuses this morning.
Here is a quick report of how See You At the Pole was attended at various schools that Grace Students attend:
· Science Hill High School, 70 students.
· Liberty Bell Middle School, 50 students.
· Indian Trail Intermediate School, 15 students.
· Providence Academy, 34 students.
· University High School, 30 students (25 students 2 weeks ago and 5 students today).
· Home School met at GFC, 7 students.
· I am still waiting to hear back from several other campuses we have students at in the surrounding counties and school districts outside of Johnson City.
I admire the commitment and dedication of our students to pray for their schools and their friends at the beginning of each school year at an event like See You At the Pole. I am also encouraged to know that the prayer effort exists beyond just this one day on several of these campuses through different campus clubs and organizations. Science Hill High School has a year-round, student-led prayer meeting at 7:20am every morning on campus.
Would you join our students in praying for our Middle Schools and High Schools today? Pray that God would raise up Grace Students, and students from every other church in our city and nation, to make God’s love known to their friends throughout this school year.
I would also appreciate your prayers for the Student Ministry of GFC as we are beginning this new Ministry Year. Pray that God would use us: the Student Ministry staff, volunteer leaders, parents, and church, to further our mission of building up students to reach out to students!
Student Ministry Pastor
Posted on Wed, September 26, 2012
by Jason Lamb filed under